The International Cooperation Section (ICS) provides opportunities for participation in international cooperation projects, promotes awareness of international issues, provides a mechanism for addressing and responding to the needs of international members, and fosters communication in the international library area.
ICS members are the driving force of international programs in the Medical Library Association (MLA). ICS members are actively involved with:
- Librarians without Borders®
- Health Sciences Library Partnerships
- Hosting Cunningham Memorial International Fellows
- MLA/ICS International Visiting Health Information Professionals Program
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutes (IFLA).